a perfect score 27.04.
Sweet Indulgence: Chocolate Almond Bark Cookies
Source: Edible Moments
These simple bar cookies are not only delicious, they’re also highly addictive!
Begin by whisking flour and salt together.
Using electric beaters, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Beat in the vanilla.
Beat in the egg yolk.
Gradually add the flour mixture.
Drop dough onto prepared baking pan and spread evenly with your fingers.
Pierce dough all over with a fork. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
As soon as the dough comes out of the oven, sprinkle with the chocolate/chocolate chips and let it sit for 3 minutes to allow the chocolate to soften.
Spread the chocolate evenly onto the crust.
Immediately sprinkle with the toasted almonds to allow them to stick to the chocolate. Let it cool and let the chocolate set and then cut into pieces.
These are absolutely delicious, not to mention highly addictive! They’re a definite must-bake. I used chocolate chips on mine, however, I highly recommend using a good quality chocolate for these because you will be able to taste the difference.
Taste: 5 sweet burps out of 5
Level of Difficulty: Easy
(retrieved from Edible Moments)
Chocolate Almond Bark Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped (or use chocolate chips)
½ – 1 cup toasted sliced almonds (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9×2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick spray. Line bottom of pan with long strip of 9-inch-wide parchment paper, leaving overhang on both short sides of pan.
2. Whisk flour and salt in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar. Continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla, then egg yolk. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed just to blend.
3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into prepared baking pan, spacing evenly. Using moistened fingertips, press dough to form even layer over bottom of pan. Pierce dough all over with fork.
4. Bake cookie base until light golden brown and slightly puffed and edges begin to come away from sides of pan, about 30 minutes. Place pan on rack; immediately sprinkle bittersweet chocolate over. Let stand until chocolate softens, about 3 minutes. Using small offset spatula, spread bittersweet chocolate over top of cookie in thin even layer. Immediately sprinkle toasted almonds. Chill until set, about 30 minutes.
6. Using paper overhang as aid, lift cookie from pan and transfer to work surface. Using large knife, cut cookie into irregular pieces.
****Use a good quality chocolate, it will make a huge difference in the finished product.